This year we decided to go for a premiere, so for the AMV section we chose to showcase some of your best works on the big screen at Otaku Festival 2015. Read the guidelines and afterwards use the form below to send us your work. We’re gonna take the submitted AMVs through a small selection process and afterwards screen them at Otaku Festival! And hey, we’ll also reward the one that stood out the most to us with a goodies bag!
- All submitted AMVs must have been made during 2014-2015 and must not have taken part in the Otaku Festival 2014 AMV Contest
- The videos mustn’t contain subtitles, logos or forgotten artifacts, unless they’re intentionally put there by the editor.
- We will only accept videos in the following formats: .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .mkv sau .mp4.
- The quality must be legible (no artefacts, no banding, the image quality needs to be clear).
- The video’s resolution needs to be at least 640×480 or something close, but preferably 720p or 1080p.
- AMVs with ultra violent, pornographic or immoral content are NOT allowed.
- The duration of the video needs to be at least 2 minutes, but also make sure that you video doesn’t exceed 7 minutes.
- AMVs that contain video materials taken from other editors, or AMVs that are stolen as a whole and submitted will be excluded from the contest.
What does AMV mean? AMV is short for Anime Music Videos and they’re fan-made music videos made by fans by cutting, remixing and rearranging clips from anime, games or even manga. They’re creative videos that can tell a new story or portray a new face of the author.
DEADLINE: May 4.
The submissions for the Otaku Festival 2015 AMV Showcase have been closed. Thanks for all your submissions and look forward to the showcase at the festival!